Monday, January 25, 2010

How I Spend My Day

Hello again.  So, I know my first post isn't going to gain me instant popularity, but eventually I would like to get some views.  It is kind of boring when you are posting blogs and no one is there to look at it...  So there is some goals for this blog besides getting popular.

  1. Get some pictures of my own up in my blogs.
  2. Talk more about the music I enjoy.
  3. Keep regular updates going in my blog.
Yeah...these are my goals, not much, but I have to start small.

Ok, now here comes the real blog.  Last Friday I had surgery on my knee.  I am a pretty active and love sports, especially basketball.  But sports are also my downfall.  I tend to be athletic in body shape, which in turn makes my joints looser than they should be.  With out strengthening exercises, my joints are very prone to injuries, hence the knee surgery.  So yeah, I tore my ACL and had to have a doctor go in there and replace it.  Not going to go into detail...

So right now, I am just sitting on my couch watching a recorded Ellen and thinking about all the make up work that has to be done for school.  But being injured/sick/recovering/etc., has it ups.  It really shows you what friends care for your well-being.  Some of my friends stopped by over the weekend.  Two different groups came to bid their sorrows:  part of my basketball team and most of my friends from church. Both of them brought me fruit, because I am a health-aholic and won't eat that get-better candy, as well as a balloon.  Yeah, for the balloon!

But the downs of it are almost overwhelming when it comes to the things I really want to do.  I am immobilized except if I am helped up. Crutches are my enemy because they keep me trapped inside the house with the dangerous snow.  My basketball team has put together an awesome "Pink" Night for breast cancer awareness and I have to miss out on that too.  It's crazy how much you miss everything.  When you have the ability to do whatever, you take it all for granted and sit around and be lazy.  But when you don't have the ability and all you can do is be lazy, all you want to do is move.  Weird how it works that way.

1 comment:

emma said...

hey nickolena! long time no talk! haha. it's great to see your up and running again. I tried commenting before but it wouldn't let me :S anyway, I hope you get well soon!