Thursday, January 28, 2010

High School

I tend to get annoyed when I am trying to accomplish something, but my cat decides he is more important.  Not that he isn't adorable, but please?  Why won't you let me focus?

So I am extremely unsocial.  I tend to avoid people when I have the chance.  Crowds are my nemesis, and if they are stupid, well that just makes everything worse.  High school is the epitome of stupid places and prom is almost the end of the world.  Why do I complain so?  I really have no idea.  I don't know what makes me see so differently from other people.  I am not a giggly school girl who needs 5 other people to come with her to the bathroom.  I don't have anger issues or am suicidal.  I just don't live in the world of popularity and the social ladder.  I have friends, none of them think the way I do, but I can relate to them and always have a good day when I am with them.  

As a junior, I have never been to homecoming, but now I have the opportunity to go to prom.  I wasn't planning on going, but I have formed such a good relationship with new friends that I know I will have a good time.  I won't even have to dance, I just get to sit there and look pretty, and then strip down to shorts and a t-shirt and have a blast at after prom.  

What I am really excited about is the dress.  People are surprised when I wear a dress, and I have yet to figure out why.  Apparently I am thought to be the exact opposite of a girl who likes to twirl in her dress, but thats where they are wrong.  I believe it is because I am such a tomboy, but I would be the only girl in an awesome sundress and climbing a tree.  I am not one for fancy, ball gown dresses.  I like classy and simple.  This is a copy of Miley Cyrus's dress that she wore for some award show or other.  I am not a fan Miley Cyrus, but I am definitely a fan of this dress.  It cost grande bucks, but if I could ever get my hands on it I would.  

Completely of the Subject of Dresses...
If you have not already heard (if you haven't, you live in a hole), Apple has come out with their new iPad.  Many were expecting a larger-scaled iPod Touch, but Apple has done it again.  The OS and capabilities of the iPad go way beyond the technology of the iTouch and iPhone.  

While it does not have the full usage of a desktop or laptop, you can still do more than imagined.  The iWork suite is going to be adjusted to work flawlessly on the iPad making it easy to do word documents and such.  There is even a docking station for purchase that has a keyboard attached to it.  As you expect, the iPad also has its own touch keyboard on the screen.  

Some of the important apps (i.e.: Mail, Calendar, Music, etc.) have been revamped for usage on the iPad.  You could describe them as more user friendly and pleasing to the eye.  

Not to mention the amazing price.  It is only $499 for the lowest GB and WiFi usage only.  This would be a nifty thing to own, but I am not going to rush and buy one as soon as it is put on the market.  We all know that in a year, if not less, it will be made better and cheaper.  


1 comment:

Tamara said...

Hey :)

I've been doing quite good. how about you?

I'd hoped that you'd come back one day and now you have :D

I went to a prom two years ago when because they'd taught us all of those classy dances and there we had to show what we'd learned. There were some people who usually never wore dresses including me ... so other people were surprised when they saw us.

I've heard about the iPad and it looks great. I thought it was way more expensive. It's always better to wait because such product get cheaper when they aren't that new anymore.